Treatment of inflammation of the prostate gland – prostatitis – in most cases, starts with the introduction of the antibiotic group of drugs for a few weeks. With a marked improvement in the health, treatment usually lasts for 2-3 months. If the condition does not improve, it may be necessary to conduct further research.
Therapeutic methods are determined depending on the type of prostatitis.
Useful tips for the treatment and maintenance of prostate health
Cure prostatitis can help alleviate most common problems associated with inflammation and enlargement of the prostate, ease the pain and difficulty of urination, reduce the frequency of false urges to urinate during the day and night. Effective drugs to treat prostate problems are also used for the treatment of chronic inflammation of the prostate gland and contribute to the maintenance of sexual activity in older age.
- time to start taking effective medications – at the first signs of prostatitis try tablet, which is also suitable for follow-up treatment after surgery; for the treatment of chronic prostatitis tablets relieve minor symptoms of inflammation;
- take nutritional supplements – modern pharmaceutical market offers a range of products, which are aimed at maintaining the prostate health; they can also be taken preventively;
- try the effect of herbs for strengthening prostate health, it is recommended, for example, nettle or calendula; you can also ask for help to the already prepared herbal blends that are sold in pharmacies.
In the event of a serious symptoms of prostatitis, such as a constant "dripping" urine or pain when urinating, immediately contact your doctor because you are at risk of injury to the urinary tract and kidneys.
Treatment and etiology
The use of antibiotics for prostatitis bacterial etiology is the primary method of treatment. Your doctor may prescribe antibiotics based on medical history, clinical picture and other factors which include the age of the person. To relieve symptoms can be used such medicines:
- Painkillers, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic drugs. These include nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs); the most inexpensive and effective presented aspirinova group.
- Part of the treatment is the reception of light laxatives to prevent potential constipation.
Treatment of chronic bacterial inflammation may require prolonged treatment with antibiotics, especially if symptoms tend to appear again. In certain cases assigned to long-term therapy with administration of low doses of drugs, which aims to reduce the spread of infection and prevention of recurrence of urinary tract infection (UTI).
Inflammatory and non-inflammatory prostatitis
Inflammatory and non-inflammatory prostatitis initially, usually requires antibiotic treatment because infection is not immediately evident in the research. However, experts warn about the appropriateness of prolonged antibiotic therapy in the absence of suspicion about the presence of bacterial infection. Drugs that are used in the case of this disease include:
- Antibiotics. Any drug from the group of antibiotics is the most fast-acting remedy. In the case of surveillance, the improvement of health status likely occurs not previously diagnosed infection.
- Painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
- Muscle relaxants are drugs that relax muscles of the whole body, or alpha-blockers – are prescribed to relax the prostate muscles.
- Inhibitors of 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors – drugs that inhibit (slow) growth of the prostate.
- Benzodiazepines – drugs that lower anxiety. Drugs of this group are able to facilitate urination by relaxing the muscles around prostate.
- Anticonvulsant drugs – drugs used to treat the pain of a chronic nature.
Alpha blockers cause a release subverticillate obstruction by reducing muscle tone of smooth muscles of the bladder neck and prostate, which comes as a result of blocking alpha-1 receptors. Drugs of this group have a quick onset of action (1-2 weeks) do not affect the level of DOGS and minimally interfering with sexual function. They can lead to rapid improvement in symptoms and urinary flow.
The most common side effects of alpha blockers include:
- orthostatic hypotension,
- peripheral edema,
- tachycardia and palpitations,
- retrograde ejaculation.
These effects are caused by peripheral and Central action, although many of the uroselective drugs. Alpha-blockers are an option for people with moderate or severe symptoms that require quick relief. All alpha-blockers have similar clinical efficacy. If a person has not registered an improvement of symptoms within 6-8 weeks of treatment, therapy should be discontinued, as the likelihood of effect after long-term use is negligible. A combination of natural enzymes of plant and animal origin represents the cure of prostatitis, which contains a proteolytic enzyme, which has a positive effect on the immune system and inflammatory processes (acute, recurrent and chronic). When making complex also quickly dissipate swelling, bruising and hematoma subside the pain. The drug speeds up the healing. Such preparations are suitable as a supportive therapy in various inflammatory conditions:
- infection respiratory and urinary tract infections,
- gynecological inflammation,
- inflammation of the prostate gland,
- inflammation of superficial veins (including, and hemorrhoids).
Also suitable when the pain and swelling associated with injuries, conditions after surgery (including surgical interventions in the field of dentistry and plastic surgery). The medicine also helps with inflammation of degenerative joint disease (arthritis) and other inflammatory conditions of the musculoskeletal apparatus. This is a good alternative for people who cannot tolerate non-steroidal analgesics. The tool is also useful in cases when there is a violation of the lymphatic drainage.
Fruit extract of the plant Serenoa repens. Medicine is a herbal product used to treat prostate problems (urology), designed for men who suffer from urinary disorders in benign prostatic hyperplasia in the I and II stages of the disease and prostatitis. Before beginning treatment it is recommended to consult with your doctor. A visit to a specialist is also recommended in the case when a person suffers from problems with urination, and frequent urinary tract infections, urolithiasis (formation and presence of stones in the urinary tract) or, if the person is a heavy smoker. What smokers there is an increased risk of developing cancer of the urinary tract. The drug improves only the problems associated with prostate enlargement, without exerting itself hyperplasia. Therefore, appropriate examination by a doctor at regular intervals. The technician need to apply immediately when detected blood in the urine or semen, or painful urination, accompanied by the inability to urinate (acute urinary retention). If a family history of a carcinoma, before treatment, consult a doctor.
There is still urological plant-based medicine. Is a combination of extracts from fruits of palm trees Serenoae Extractum and nettle root. It is a combination of purposefully acts in prostate tissue reduces the level or activity of male hormones androgens in the body, primarily by inhibiting (blocking) the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase. This reduces the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (the active form of the male sex hormone) and inhibit the enzyme aromatase, with a subsequent decrease of intracellular protein synthesis (the formation of intracellular protein). As a consequence, limited the further increase in the volume of the prostate tissue. The combination of plant extracts leads to an increase in the flow of urine and improve problems with urination; in addition, the drug has some anti-inflammatory and decongestants (which reduce swelling) effect.
Without consulting your doctor such medication can be used in the following cases:
- benign prostatic hyperplasia, especially at an early stage (stage I – II),
- in men middle-aged and elderly with functional difficulties associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia such as frequent urination (especially at night), impaired urination, weak urinary stream, feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder, etc.
After consultation with the doctor the drug is also used in the following cases: as an alternative during follow-up after prostate surgery, chronic forms of prostatitis (inflammation of prostate), or (in certain cases) in women with bladder irritation.
Prostatitis is a disease that can bring a lot of trouble and discomfort. It certainly requires treatment. Therapies must be prescribed by a doctor, self in this case is not allowed!