What is prostatitis is known to many males. The disease is manifested by frequent urination, pain, erectile dysfunction and other symptoms that indicate the pathology of the genitourinary system. For further diagnosis is required to consult a urologist, who to find out the cause of ailments and explain what the disease is, what its name means that the symptoms and treatment.
The prostate gland is an unpaired organ that is composed of glandular tissue and fibrino-muscular film, which is in front of the pelvic region. The upper part is in contact with the bladder, posterior — rectum, and the front — from the pubic bone.
The main purpose of the prostate, highlighting the special secret, which provides sperms viability and motility.
This substance is produced acinus – small lobules surrounded by a muscular sheath.
To other functions of the prostate include:
- protection from involuntary urination;
- preventing reflux of ejaculate into the bladder;
- prevention of infection of the upper parts of the urinary system (kidneys, ureters).
Prostate function is controlled androgens, estrogens, steroids and pituitary hormones.
The description of the disease
Male prostatitis (prostatitis is a wrong spelling) is a common pathology of the prostate, which is accompanied by inflammation, impaired urination and sexual disorders. The swelling causes narrowing of the channels of the prostate gland, prevents the normal outflow of the prostatic juice and provokes stagnation.
Most often disease of the prostate gland in men diagnosed aged 25 – 50 years. Sometimes pathology makes itself felt sooner or later.
Prostatitis in men develops due to the following reasons:
- Non-infectious. Most often, the deterioration of the prostate causes a violation of blood flow and lymph flow in the prostate gland, and congestion associated with a rare ejaculation. Sometimes the pathology develops because of too frequent sex or regular shaking (e.g., motorcyclists).
- Infectious. Inflammation of the prostate gland develops on the background of infection. It can be bacteria, viruses or fungi that get into the prostate via the blood or lymph from the urethra or remote infected sources (throat, teeth, maxillary sinuses).
The factors that provoke prostatitis in men include:
- genetic predisposition;
- sedentary lifestyle or regular exercise fatigue;
- regular stress;
- bad habits;
- poor nutrition;
- insomnia, prolonged sleep deprivation;
- a weak immune system;
- chronic infectious processes;
The main cause of the disease is considered to be a violation of the outflow of blood capillary, which leads to stagnation, reduced local immunity and reproduction of the bacterial flora.
The influence of adverse factors aggravates the inflammation of prostate prolongs the duration of treatment and contributes to the development of complications.
Types and symptoms
Inflammation of the prostate gland seen in:
- pain in the pelvic area (when the outflow of urine, ejaculation, defecation);
- a frequent urge to urinate;
- a discharge of blood, mucus, pus from the urethra;
- turbidity of urine;
- a reduced libido and other troubles.
The severity of clinical signs depends on the cause and form of the disease.
Acute inflammation of the prostate, usually accompanied by increased body temperature (axillary, rectal) and signs of intoxication (headache, joint pain, chills, nausea).
Patient prostate squeezes the surrounding tissue, nerve endings and provokes:
- violation of urination, until the complete cessation of the outflow of urine;
- pain in the lumbar region, scrotum, perineum.
Acute prostatitis in men often appears on the background of infection of the prostate pathogens.
Important! Sometimes an acute inflammation of the prostate appears on a background of carried out before biopsy.
Inflammation of the prostate gland are often discovered accidentally during routine examination or examination for other diseases.
The progression of disease leads to disruption of morphology and functioning of the prostate gland, which is expressed by:
- of sexual disorders.
This is one of the most common complications of chronic disease that is characterized by formation of stones in the acinus.
What is the surprised of the prostate in men who had been calculous of inflammation depends on the severity. Major clinical signs emit a dull aching pain in the perineum, pubis and testicles.
Prolonged lack of treatment can lead to the development of inflammation of the seminal bladder, abscess of the prostate, MS prostate.
What kind of disease prostatitis and why it develops, you know not all males.
This type of prone individuals who:
- move a little;
- have bad habits;
- used for most of the day to spend sitting;
- do not lead a regular sexual life.
- the practice of interrupted intercourse.
The symptoms of prostate inflammation on the background of stagnation of identical manifestations and chronic calculous form of the disease, therefore diagnosis requires laboratory and instrumental diagnostics. The first sign which manifests congestive prostatitis in men, erection deterioration.
The cause of the disease is clear from the title. Often easy combat bacteria, very rarely viruses and fungi. In most cases of infectious inflammation of the prostate gland is a complication of other forms.
It leads to a decline in local or General immunity against:
- other acute or chronic infections;
- of cancer tumors;
- autoimmune diseases;
- disruption of adjacent organs;
- incorrect lifestyle.
What is the prostate in men, which were inflammation of the infectious type, depends on the course of the disease. Often complaints are reminiscent of symptoms of acute or chronic prostatitis.
In advanced cases in the pathological process involved the entire organ.
The early (catarrhal) form of purulent inflammation occurs with the erased symptoms resembles the symptoms of disease of the bladder – cystitis. Progression of the pain increases, and there are pronounced signs of intoxication.
Abscessed form of the disease is the most severe and often leads to peritonitis, sepsis and death.
In the primary treatment gland inspected through the anus. During palpation the doctor determines the size, structure and contours of the body.
At this stage is the preliminary diagnosis that you want to confirm by means of surveys, which includes the following laboratory methods:
- deployed and biochemical analysis of blood;
- determination of PSA (prostate specific antigen);
- clinical and bacteriological study of urine, prostatic secretion, smears from the urethra;
- sensitivity to antibiotics;
- semen analysis;
- detection of C-reactive protein;
- cystoscopy and histology puncture content.
From instrumental used:
- rectal ultrasound;
- CT or MRI of the prostate and other organs of the pelvis;
Diagnosis is carried out in public or private laboratories.
Principles of treatment
Where and how to treat inflammation of the prostate, the doctor will decide based on the test results. If the patient's condition is satisfactory, then you can do a visit to the outpatient and home medications. Otherwise, the doctor explains to the man the risks associated with the disease and insisted on hospitalization. In severe cases, the patient urgently hospitalitynet.
Conservative therapy involves taking drugs that eliminate the cause of the disease, congestion and inflammation in the prostate gland.
The list includes:
- antibiotics (depending on the results of the antibiogram);
- anti-inflammatory drugs not steroidal origin or corticosteroids;
- vitamins and minerals;
- vasodilator medications (unless contraindicated).
When severe pain prescribe painkillers or antispasmodics.
After the elimination of the acute phase of the resort to physiotherapy method:
- the prostate massage;
- the electrophoresis;
- microwave therapy;
In severe cases, carry out partial or complete prostatectomy (removal of prostate). Prostatitis with stones treated in the identical pattern, but the massage androgen-independent authority is absolutely contraindicated.
What is prostatitis and how to treat it, you want to know many men. To outpatient treatment is not over emergency admission to the hospital, you need to implement all recommendations of the doctor to take prescribed medications, avoid precipitating factors and not to self-medicate. In addition to the basic therapeutic scheme is a useful medicinal herb, which selects the physician.
To eliminate disease healthy:
- the seeds and leaves of plantain;
- burdock root;
- pumpkin seeds.
The best prevention of prostatitis in men – regular access to a doctor and adjustment of lifestyle, which must include:
- daily physical exercise;
- regular sex;
- proper nutrition;
- a full night's sleep.
Stress, bad habits, and other triggers, conversely, should be deleted. Prostatitis in men often leads to erectile dysfunction.
To eliminate the disease, prescribe drugs from the group inhibitors PDE-5. If this does not help, you need counseling.