Prostatitis or inflammation of the prostate gland good sign of a strong half of mankind. According to official statistics, the disease affects about 16% of adult men. Practitioners urologists are called, and other figures: not less than 35% of the male guerrillas in the country. The difference between the official services and the real disease is easy to explain: potential patients simply do not seek help or doctors due to embarrassment, embarrassment, lack of time, lack of understanding of the importance of the problems which arose.
Inflammation of the prostate today the phenomenon is a leader in the male group of diseases that are transmitted primarily through sexual contact. Its complications threaten infertility, decreased libido, impotence.
Symptoms of prostatitis are not ordinary pain, urinary disorders, inflammation of the spermatic cord. The most dangerous consequence of inflammation running can become cancerous degeneration of the prostate. Whereas diagnosed pathological process is easily docked.
The cause of the inflammation
The risk of developing inflammation of the prostate increases at fault a variety of predisposing and disease highlights:
- Hypothermia, single or associated with the nature of the work outdoors.
- A sedentary lifestyle, which causes and disorders in the functioning of the digestive system.
- Chronic somatic diseases (diabetes, hypertension).
- The lesions are focal, perifocal infection (rhinitis, tonsillitis, stomatitis, gastritis).
- Persistent UGI (chlamydia, trichomoniasis, herpes simplex virus).
- Stress, insomnia, chronic fatigue syndrome.
- The lowered immunity in connection with the transferred illness, surgery, emotional stress.
- Bad habits, leading to the development of intoxication: alcohol, Smoking, strong coffee.
- Occupational injuries of the perineum car drivers, athletes, employees of hazardous industries.
- Promiscuous coitus interruptus, devoid of sensuality intercourse with incomplete ejaculation, prolonged lack of intimacy (low demand in the semen leads and stagnation in the gland).
- Sexually transmitted diseases.
Despite the fairly large number of provocative moments, the essence of prostatitis is the occurrence of stagnation within the body on the background of impaired circulation and lymph drainage.
In modern urology there is no uniform classification of the disease. However, practitioners prefer this version of the classification of the inflammatory process in the prostate:
- In the course of the disease:
- Acute prostatitis. It accounts for more than 50% of cases in people no older than 30-35 years.
- Chronic option. Considered nevozmozhnoe category. For a long time does not manifest itself, the impetus and development is a cold, infection.
- Bacterial inflammation of the prostate gland, prevalent in men and 40 years, occur on the background of the IGO does not go beyond the body.
- Non-bacterial pathological changes in the gland, mainly of chronic.
- Viral inflammation of the prostate is characterized by acute course, which affect the entire reproductive area.
- Fibrous prostatitis characterized by rapid irreversible growth of the gland and may need radical intervention. Clinically reminiscent of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Calculous inflammation of the prostate gland occurs due to the formation of stones within the prostate. Is seen as a precursor of cancer.
- Congestive prostatitis, the result of a sedentary lifestyle, diagnosed in about every second patient.
Signs of the disease
If a man finds himself at least two of the following symptoms of prostatitis, you should immediately contact a qualified specialist Yes:
- Urination disorder with the occurrence of intermittent, weak stream of urine, unusually short range, appealing splashes, difficulty and pain before urination. Frequent urination and emptying of the bladder occur mainly at night.
- Pain, which is localized in the lower abdomen, radiating to the scrotum, perineum, rectum.
- Sexual dysfunction.
- Problems with ejaculation, the change of sperm (consistency, amount).
The disease starts with sudden rise of temperature (Yes, 40 degrees), painful headache, fever. What symptoms are accompanied by pain in the groin, perineum, back, discharge from the urethra, frequent urination, and constant urge him.
Bladder emptying is delayed, burning sensation. Itself urine is more turbid, it may phenomenon the blood. There is irritability, fatigue.
The outcome of acute prostatitis may be a full resolution process (at the time begun treatment). As changes occur in many organs of the small pelvis, they can't be let slide, or have relevant complications:
- Vesiculitis – inflammation of the seminal vesicles, the cause of the phenomenon the appearance of pus in the semen that is not simple reduces the quality of the ejaculate, but also the loss of reproductive function.
- Colliculi – inflammatory changes in the seminal colliculus be the basis for the development of strong pain syndrome during sex, the interruption of orgasm, impotence psychological nature.
- The formation of an abscess in Celje simplicity, it ruptured, purulent lesion of the rectum leads and exacerbation of symptoms, a powerful intoxication, even death.
- Stagnation in the prostate tissues and causes changes in their structure, innervation, blood supply, the glands and organs located nearby, with violation of their functions. Erection becomes insufficient for full sexual intercourse, there is a premature ejaculation, prolonged sexual intercourse without orgasm.
- Cicatricial changes in the gland, spermatic cord lead to infertility, reducing the quality of the sperm, mobility of sperm. Narrowing of the urethra interferes with the normal process of urination, obstruction of the bladder can cause acute urinary retention, require emergency surgical care.
The main feature of the disease phenomenon is the blurring of clinical symptoms during long, hard process. Most chronic form occurs independently as the primary pathology on the background of stagnation of blood in the vessels (prostatosis), abacterial prostatitis.
The main symptoms of chronic prostatitis are:
- pain occurs in scrotum, perineum, anus, back;
- violation of urination;
- mucous or Muco-purulent discharge from the rectum, the urethra, even in the absence of urination or bowel movement;
- violation of erectile function, painful ejaculation, coitus interruptus, prolonged intercourse without a sense of satisfaction.
- Infertility is the result of chronic inflammation in the spermatic cord, vesicles, testicles, and their appendages.
- Cystitis, pyelonephritis (other diseases of the genitourinary system) is a mechanical consequence of the hematogenous spread of microbes.
- Persistent immunosuppression.
- Untreated prostatitis 35 – 40% of cases can cause cancer.
The clinical picture of the disease is typical, so the diagnosis does not cause difficulties. His urologist puts on the basis of the anamnesis, examination of the patient, laboratory minimum using the most advanced medical devices:
- Rectal examination of the gland, the taking of the secret in study (sowing with the definition of sensitivity and antibiotics).
- Oak, OOM, bacterial urine culture.
- A swab for STDs, IGO-study.
- Daily monitoring of urination rhythm, the measurement of the speed of urination (uroflowmetry).
- For the differential diagnosis carried ultrasound, or TRUS.
- If you want to exclude cancer, take a biopsy, perform urography, single PSA – prostate specific antigen.
- For the diagnosis of infertility is assigned a semen analysis – semen analysis for ascertaining the fertility of men.
Based on the results of examination of the patient individual scheme of complex treatment of prostatitis. When prescribing take into account the form of the disease, the presence of comorbidities. The decision on where he spends therapy (inpatient or outpatient) is taken by the doctor. Treatment is with careful laboratory control of results.
One of the most modern centers for the treatment of prostatitis are the GK clinic "Mother and Child". Since the problem of infertility is closely associated with inflammatory urological diseases, the medical professionals have given this issue much attention.
In the clinics, "Mother and child" every patient has the opportunity to complete a full cycle of special examinations, to obtain psychological support, to be treated with drugs of the last generation, which are used in this sphere, to get acquainted with the new methods of treatment of inflammation of the prostate. Not the last place in the treatment of prostatitis is also an effective rehabilitation of patients, clinical supervision, prevention.
Treatment of acute prostatitis
Acute prostatitis requires bed rest, a special, salt-free diet, sexual peace.
Methods a course of treatment:
- The most effective in the treatment of prostatitis phenomenon is causal treatment. If the basis of the prostate – infection, a priority course of antimicrobial drugs, which relieves inflammation.
- Pain syndrome cropped analgesics, antispasmodics, rectal candles, microclimate with warm solutions of anesthetic drugs. Perhaps the use of NSAIDs.
- Have proven the effectiveness of Immunostimulants, immunomodulators, enzymes, vitamin complexes, a combination of micronutrients.
- Physiotherapeutic methods are possible only in the subacute stage of the disease. They improve microcirculation, improve immunity: UHF, UHF, electrophoresis, laser, magnetotherapy.
- Massage – another effective method of influence on the prostate. It opens the ducts, normalizes blood circulation of the scrotum and pelvis.
- Sharp delay of the filtrate of the kidney can be adjusted catheterization, traganou cystostomy.
- Purulent process may mean surgery.
Treatment of chronic prostatitis
At long, term (at least months) impact on prostate 100% guarantee of no cure. Priority for herbal medicines, immunocorrection, changing household habits:
- Herbal preparations (for example, Likoprofit) are widely distributed in urological practice. They are able to accumulate in the place of the most active pathological process, to protect cells from oxidation, remove free radicals, inhibit the growth of prostate tissue.
- Antibiotic therapy is chosen individually, based on the sensitivity of microbes and medicines.
- Drugs that increase the immune system, which not only help to deal with prostatitis, they are still correct for the negative effects of antibiotics, which disrupt the function of the immune system.
- Pain syndrome relieved by the appointment alpha-blockers, muscle relaxants.
- Prostate massage allows you to mechanically remove the "extra" secret of the prostate through the urethra, to improve blood circulation, reduce Yes minimum congestion waking.
- Physiotherapy: laser, magnet, ultrasound, iontophoresis, hot hip bath, or microclysters with herbs.
- In severe cases intravenous fluids with diuretics. It stimulates copious urine, profilaktirujut symptoms of intoxication, development of ascending cystitis and pyelonephritis.
- Practice for constipation laxatives of vegetable origin.
- Urologist, psychologist together with the patient to develop an individual long-term programme of routine, necessary rest, diet, dosed physical exertion, sexual activity.
- In the case of resistance of chronic process and the therapy, blocking the flow of urine, prescribe surgery: removal of all affected tissue (transurethral resection of the prostate) or complete removal of the prostate gland to the surrounding tissues (prostatectomy). In exceptional cases, rich impotence, urinary incontinence. Young people do not conduct the operation because it can cause infertility.
In order to prevent unpleasant men's disease it is necessary to eliminate triggers and follow the simple rules:
- To lead a healthy lifestyle, give up bad habits.
- Not to SuperCool.
- Drink at least 1.5-2 liters of water a day.
- To strengthen the immune system, a lot of walking on foot, to harden.
- Physical activity and sports, visit fitness clubs.
- To avoid stressful situations.
- Practice regular sex life with permanent partner.
- Regular visits with a urologist.